Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Still in denial...

I woke up this morning to pouring rain.  And freakish rampant humidity.  There was only one thing to do to cheer myself up:



I imagine myself sipping either tea or a cocktail on the veranda of The Virginia Hotel in Cape May.


Unlike so many of the other B&B's they've toned down the Victorian lace and chintz theme.  Leave the kids at home for this one.


It is impossible not to feel elegant in this setting.


Ladylike, polished...just like Gwynnie (don't you love this shot?).  This is the look that I strive for all summer long.  In order to effectively channel this vibe, I reached for this dress in my closet:


The Vineyard Vines Striped Tunic Dress...beachy and simple--it's another one of those staples that is completely brainless and comfortable, yet put together at the same time.  In the past, I've shied away from horizontal stripes, thinking they would make my petite frame look like a little fireplug.  This one doesn't.  It's also fully lined with a bit of spandex for stretch, so you don't feel like you're in a straight jacket.

Paired with the Jalita sandal to dress it up a bit...


And my favorite (although discontinued) J McLaughlin work bag...

The last problem to solve was the humidity, sooooo....


(If you'll forgive the crummy selfie), my curly hair required being knotted into submission in an impromptu bun.  Until I can visit the real Virginia in a few days, I'll just have to daydream...

~ESM

No comments:

Post a Comment