Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Impulse Fabric


I have no idea why, but this pink and blue fishy fabric caught my eye and I had to have it.  After pondering for a while on what purpose it might serve, I came across a pattern online for a fabric basket.  I spent most of the weekend re-organizing my linen closet, so I thought it would make a great place to stash hotel samples, soaps and travel size items.  The fish would be cheery inside the closet and brighten things up.  Since I have a nasty habit of following directions carefully, but not reading them beforehand, I missed the sizing of the basket until I was halfway finished and noticed that it was turning out to be incredibly small.  The finished product is roughly 6x5x4--about the size of a large makeup bag. It is adorable, but I'm still at a loss as to how it could be used.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment