Monday, March 5, 2012

The answer was right in front of me.

I think that over the years I have tried just about every shampoo under the sun.  My hair is a strange combination--the individual hairs are fine and a little fragile, but I have a TON of them.  Top that off with the fact that it's very curly in the back and straight in the front and heavily highlighted.  If it had a personality of its own, it would be schizophrenic.   It has no idea who it is or what it's supposed to be.  It is rare that I find a shampoo that really works--doesn't weigh it down or make it dry as a stick, doesn't make the curls pouf sky high or the straight parts just hang limp and lifeless.  I was a big fan of Bumble & Bumble's Seaweed shampoo and conditioner, but once the price for an 8 oz bottle topped $20, well enough was enough and I decided to find something else.  I tried Garnier's Fructis and that worked pretty well for a $3 shampoo, especially considering the much pricier products that didn't make the cut.  Then I learned about the evils of paraben and read the label on my shampoo.  Uh, buh-bye.  I wandered around aimlessly looking for a good product that wouldn't be full of chemicals I didn't want to use or cost a fortune.  Enter Giovanni Smooth as Silk.  I had seen this in just about every store I shop in (Wegman's, Whole Foods, Target, etc.).  The packaging caught my eye every time I walked past it, but I never tried it. The price was right, the ingredients friendly and the smell was perfectly divine.  I was not disappointed.  So far, it seems to work better than anything I've tried and I feel good using it.  Also, the bottle looks cool in my shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment